This year, nine dance artists will use their specialised dance forms to bring forth Malaysian Arts, Heritage and Culture through Contemporary and Modern dances.
These nine incredible ladies, led by Michelle Jueney have come together to express their personal feelings, stories, experiences and journeys of being a woman in today’s world.
This first all-woman dance production is a tribute to Lee Lee Lan, who will also be gracing the event with her presence. Lee Lee Lan is a pioneer of dance in Malaysia who has worked at flourishing and expanding dancing talents, both locally and abroad, for the past 49 years.
There will also be two other on-going charity events alongside this program – ‘Sponsor a Child’ and ‘Sponsor an Artist’.
The objectives of this charity concert are:
1. To provide a platform for female artists to showcase and empower themselves as a choreographer or a dance artist.
2. To showcase and promote the female dance artists in Malaysia whilst still preserving our rich arts, culture and heritage.
3. To be a positive influencer to the women in today’s world to develop themselves.
4. To entertain and bring everyone together for a good time at the theatre and encouraging appreciation of the artistic arts of Malaysia’s culture and heritage.
5. To promote, preserve, practice and celebrate our culture and artistry in Malaysia.
6. ‘Sponsor a Child’ – To help develop an education fund for the underprivileged children who are orphans, with single parent, or parents earning under RM1500.
7. ‘Sponsor an Artist’ – To help create a fund for artists’ retirement/old age, medical bills, dance projects/travel.
The performances will be presented as per below:
Date: Saturday, 15 October 2016 (*One Day Special Only*)
Time: 3.30pm or 8.30pm (pick either session)
Venue: The KuAsh Theatre, Pusat Kreatif Kanak-Kanak Tuanku Bainun,
48, Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad, Taman Tun Dr. Ismail, 60000, Kuala Lumpur
(after TTDI Park, opposite the temple before Kiara Hills)